While Gmail, the Google email service, is extremely reliable, you continue to may choose to download important business correspondence for your computer’s disk drive. Gmail Backup is really a program made specifically for this reason, yet it is buggy and not compatible with Windows 7, because it is not updated since 2009. By this writing, the easiest method to save Google email messages is using your desktop email program, since Gmail uses the conventional POP3 mail system. Thunderbird, that is free, and Microsoft Outlook, which is included when you purchase Microsoft Office, are both simple to configure for Save emails to PDF.
1. Launch Gmail and log in with the usual username and password. Wait an additional or two for your mailbox to open.
2. Click on the icon of any gear on a white background located in the right-hand corner of your mailbox page to open the main settings prompt. Select “Settings” within the pull-down menu that appears.
3. Select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab inside the Settings page. This is the fifth tab from your left.
4. Scroll to the Pop Download portion of the page, the second section from your top. Check either the very best radio button marked “Enable POP for many Mail (even mail that’s recently been downloaded)” or maybe the one right under it marked “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now On” depending on whether you would like to download and save old messages to your computer.
5. Find the option that is certainly most convenient to suit your needs in the pull-down menu within the radio boxes that may be marked: “When messages are accessed with POP.” Keeping the default option of “Keep Gmail’s Copy within the Inbox” is often the most convenient choice. Alternately, it is possible to choose “Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read,” “Archive Gmail’s Copy” or “Delete Gmail’s Copy,” depending on how you desire the copy that continues to be inside your Gmail box to be handled.
6. Select the “Save Changes” button at the bottom from the page.
7. Launch your email client and open the prompt which you use to include a new account. Click “Local Folders” in the left-hand column of your home page of Thunderbird and after that click “Give A New Account.” Alternately, click “File” combined with “Info” and then select the “Add Account” prompt that may be marked with a plus sign and located toward the top of the Outlook information page.
8. If using Thunderbird, type the requested information for Server into the respective text fields about the window that appears. Click on the “Continue” prompt and let the automated account setup to verify the account settings. If using Outlook, click the “Manually Configure Server or Additional Server Types” radio t0PDF at the bottom of your Microsoft Outlook account window and keep to the directions in Steps 9 and 10.
9. Click “Next” towards the bottom from the account information box in Outlook. Wait a 2nd for the “Choose Service” dialog box to show up. Click “Next” again after confirming the Internet E-mail default radio box is ticked in the Choose Service dialog box and wait an additional to the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box to look. Enter each of the information for your personal Gmail account within the respective fields. Enter “pop.gmail.com” as the incoming mail server and “smtp.gmail.com” as the outgoing mail server. Enter your entire email address, including “@gmail.com,” from the “User Name” field.
10. Click the “More Settings” button in the lower right-hand side from the dialog box and wait a second for your Internet E-mail Settings box to look. Click the “Outgoing Server” tab after which check the box marked “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Check the default “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” radio box and click “OK.” Click” Next” and wait a few seconds to the system to deliver and receive test email messages. Click “Close” within the test message box then “Finish” within the main dialog box to go back to the main Outlook window.
11. Download the mail to your new account by selecting “Send/Receive.” All emails which you download have become stored in the mail folder on your hard drive drive.